I really don’t consider myself to be a food blogger. I don’t have THAT many recipes on this blog, because I’m still learning how to experiment in the kitchen. And yet, this is my second chicken salad recipe. If that doesn’t speak to my love of chicken salad, I don’t know what does. 😉
This chicken salad needed to be shared with the world. I’ve made it every week since I created the recipe, and EVERY WEEK I stand at the counter, eating it out of the bowl. It is SO quick to throw together, and the flavor is amazing!
Part of what makes this heavenly is the homemade mayo. If you’ve never made your own mayo before, don’t shy away. It’s very easy if you have the right recipe! I’ve used this recipe multiple times, and my mayonnaise always turns out perfectly (though sometimes I need to add an additional egg if it is too runny). The immersion blender I like can be found HERE.
You can make mayo without an immersion blender, but it can be trickier (there are plenty of tutorials online)!
Enjoy this new go-to Paleo weeknight recipe! 🙂
- About 5 cups of cooked chicken (I like to use meat from drumsticks that are cooked for 40 mins on 400 F)
- 3 TBSP of fresh dill
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, thinly chopped
- 1 batch of mayo, using this recipe
- About 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt, add more to taste if desired (remember there is already salt in the mayo)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl
- Serve with lettuce - we also like scooping it with plantain chips!