Okay, so pumpkin is not the most creative feature for this series, but I’d say it’s pretty relevant for the season! Who doesn’t love eating all the pumpkin things in October?
Why should you eat it?
Not only is pumpkin a great source of vitamin A, fiber, and beta-carotene, but pumpkin seeds contain plentiful magnesium and zinc!
If the only way you know how to prepare a pumpkin is by carving a face on it, here are some great recipes to make the most of your pumpkins this season.
What to do with it
- Let’s start with an easy, flavorful snack – my Perfectly Savory Pumpkin Seeds!
- This Paleo Pumpkin Chili looks amazing, and I love how Lauren from Wicked Spatula served it in little pumpkins.
- Another amazing soup: Pumpkin and Chorizo Soup by The Domestic Man.
- Looking for a paleo twist on a classic? Try this Perfectly Paleo Pumpkin Pie from Paleo Running Momma for your Thanksgiving dinner.
- I love this Herb Roasted Pumpkin from Jessi’s Kitchen as a savory side dish.
- Finally, I can’t end this post without linking to a recipe from Brittany Angell, the queen of pumpkin everything! Her Pumpkin Nutmeg Gravy is supposed to be to-die for, and I can’t wait to make it for Thanksgiving this year!