I don’t like boring veggies. I need my salads to have all sorts of flavors and textures, and I like most of my veggies roasted or sautéed with fat, garlic, sea salt, and other seasonings (like my favorite-ever-I-could-eat-them-like-popcorn-brussels-sprouts recipe).
In other words, I want to be excited about eating vegetables. 🙂
These carrots are SUPER simple but really yummy. Throw them in the oven while you prepare your main dish, and you’ll have a complete meal!
By the way, in this recipe I used Tin Star Foods’ Brown Butter Ghee. Ghee is basically clarified butter that does not contain lactose or casein (proteins that many people react to). Specifically, this Brown Butter Ghee has an amazingly rich, caramelized taste – I’m addicted! If you don’t have any ghee on hand, you can just use butter or another cooking fat!
- 2 lbs carrots
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp brown butter ghee or other fat, melted
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1.5 tsp dried thyme
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Chop carrots into little (no wider than 1/4") pieces
- Place chopped carrots in a large bowl and combine them with the rest of the ingredients.
- Spread on a baking sheet and cook for 55-60 minutes.